People with a mature skin
Characteristics of mature skin
- Your complexion looks pale and dull.
- Your skin shows discolouration here and there.
- The skin loses its tension and wrinkles.
As we age, the skin changes. It takes longer for the skin cells to renew, and this shows. The skin becomes duller, may take on a discoloured appearance and develop wrinkles. The blood circulation in the skin also decreases, causing a decrease in oxygen supply and making it more difficult to remove waste products. The skin loses moisture and tension.
How can you take care of mature skin?
- Attention to care
Skin ageing is a completely natural process. There are no magic remedies for wrinkles, only a lot of empty promises. However, you can lessen the signs of skin ageing or counteract them in a natural way. A healthy lifestyle and the right skincare products are crucial.
- Go for antioxidants
It’s scientifically proven that free radicals play a major role in premature ageing. These tiny particles are released during our metabolism, but also by air pollution, UV radiation, stress, smoking, and alcohol. An excess of free radicals can damage healthy cells and the skin and connective tissues, resulting in wrinkles and other signs of ageing. To neutralise their damaging effect, our bodies make antioxidant enzymes. Help your body by using products rich in antioxidants.
- Don’t forget your eyes
Please note that don’t necessarily need a separate eye cream for this. Our mild day and night creams are packed with active ingredients and are perfect for use on the eye area.
UV radiation is the biggest culprit for the skin. Unprotected sunbathing gives free radicals free rein and damages the skin layers. Use a good sunscreen that protects against both UVB and UVA rays.
- Aggressive products
Stay away from products with harsh ingredients or a lot of alcohol. They damage the skin’s barrier function. The older we get, the harder it is for our body to repair it. The result is well-known: moisture escapes from the skin and bacteria find their way inside. Even natural products often contain alcohol, so make sure to always check the list of ingredients.
Did you know that…
The All-Night Starlight Night Cream is also an eye cream?
The gentle ingredients nourish the delicate skin around the eyes and prevent wrinkles from forming.
How to know
Massage the facial cream in with circular movements until it has been completely absorbed by the skin.
Good to know
- Specially developed for modern skin, even for people with skin problems
- Dermatologically tested and approved for sensitive skin
- Perfectly suited for children, pregnant women and in case of chemotherapy
The power of SELF products
What can our active ingredients do for you?
SELF’s 100% natural and vegan products repair the skin’s outer layer, regulate the moisture balance, and are packed with vitamins and a high percentage of antioxidants.
- Vitamin A and E stimulate cell renewal and improve skin texture and pigmentation. They act on wrinkles and stimulate collagen production.
- Vitamin E, polyphenols and ferulic acid help to combat free radicals and inhibit premature skin ageing.
- Agave tequilana extract has a proven wrinkle-fading effect and a long-lasting skin-soothing effect.
- Solanum lycopersicum seed oil protects the skin from free radicals and improves skin elasticity for a youthful appearance.
- Sodium hyaluronate keeps the skin elastic, tight and hydrated.
100% VEGAN AND NATURAL
SELF is officially recognised worldwide as a vegan brand by Vegan Society. From the seeds in the field for growing certain ingredients to the cleaning of the pipes, no animal products are used during the entire process.
DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED AND APPROVED
We’re proud to say that all our products have been dermatologically tested for sensitive skin and achieved an irritation score of 0.00! This proves that our products are just as gentle as we claim them to be.
SELF’s entire range is Halal certified. Both animal products and alcohol are strictly avoided during our production process. No alcohol is used in the ingredients and all equipment is cleaned with alcohol-free plant-based cleaning agents.