People who suffer from a dry skin
Characteristics of dry skin
- Your skin feels dry and rough.
- Your skin feels tight after washing.
- Your skin shows flaking, fine lines, and sometimes even cracks.
- Your complexion is dull.
Dry skin is often the result of overly aggressive skincare products. They disrupt the functioning of the outer skin layer, causing the skin to lose too much moisture. Bacteria and impurities can then penetrate the skin and cause inflammation. The result? The skin is red and flaky. Heredity, medication, chemotherapy, stress, and other environmental factors also play a role in dry skin.
The power of SELF products
What can our active ingredients do for you?
- Vitamin F is rich in essential fatty acids, which provide good moisturisation and repair dry, rough skin.
- The high concentration of fatty acids protects the skin against dryness and other extreme conditions and has a restorative effect.
- Complex fatty acids such as allantoin and cinnamic acid help to keep the skin healthy and beautiful and strengthen its barrier function, as does Vitamin E.
- The sterols present retain moisture in the skin.
- Ferulic acid increases the effectiveness of other vitamins, reduces enlarged pores, and stimulates collagen production.
- Vitamin A ensures cell renewal, in combination with vitamin E it is a golden duo. They stimulate collagen and the elasticity of the skin and thus combat ageing. Vitamin E also strengthens the skin barrier.
- Salicylic acid reduces flakiness and redness and softens the outer skin layer.
- Lauric and capric acid form the skin’s natural protective layer. They have an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Vitamin B ensures the production of the essential building blocks of the skin.
Do you suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or dry, itchy skin?
Combine our Fine Delicate Body Butter with the Fine Deluxe Body Scrub
Use the scrub as a sea salt for your bath water (2 to 3 spoons) and then apply the nourishing body butter to your skin. The combination of these 2 products will deeply soothe and repair the skin barrier.
How can you take care of dry skin?
- Use mild products
Your skin needs help to repair its damaged barrier. Go for a mild care that does not further damage the skin layer. Use care products and creams that are nourishing and rich, penetrate deep into the skin, and repair it from within. Natural products are recommended.
- Maintain a well-balanced diet
An unbalanced diet can lead to dry skin. A lack of protein and certain fats on your plate can also mean that these nutrients are not sufficiently present in your skin cells. Eat healthy and balanced meals. Your skin will thank you.
- Aggressive products
Stay away from products with harsh ingredients or a lot of alcohol. They damage the skin’s barrier function. The older we get, the harder it is for your body to repair it. The result is well-known: moisture escapes from the skin and bacteria find their way inside. Even natural products often contain alcohol, so make sure to always check the list of ingredients.
Avoid hot baths and showers. These will dry out the skin unnecessarily. A water temperature of 32 degrees is ideal.
100% VEGAN AND NATURAL
SELF is officially recognised worldwide as a vegan brand by Vegan Society. From the seeds in the field for growing certain ingredients to the cleaning of the pipes, no animal products are used during the entire process.
DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED AND APPROVED
We’re proud to say that all our products have been dermatologically tested for sensitive skin and achieved an irritation score of 0.00! This proves that our products are just as gentle as we claim them to be.
SELF’s entire range is Halal certified. Both animal products and alcohol are strictly avoided during our production process. No alcohol is used in the ingredients and all equipment is cleaned with alcohol-free plant-based cleaning agents.